Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Effective Java - A Must Read Book

After having finished the review for Java Power Tools, and having just submitted the review for "The Thoughtworks Anthology", I was planning on taking a small break from reviewing books.

Last week, I received an email from Addison-Wesley about their 4 new books. Out of those 4 books, Effective Java and Persistence in the Enterprise were the 2 books which interested me. Even before volunteering to review these books, I logged into safari and did read a few chapter links to see if it was worth all the time I was spending. The table of contents and the sample chapters did change my mind.

I just received these books yesterday, and already half way through the "Effective Java" book.
It is just unbelievable. The book is filled with pragmatic advice, plenty of samples, and is also very readable.

Stay tuned for the detailed review which will be published at Javalobby soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment