Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Java Power Tools Book Review

Just yesterday, I finally finished reading and working out some of the samples from the Java Power Tools book. The detailed chapter wise review is now live at Javalobby.

I am really amazed at how many tools John has covered, and also with such great detail.

It took me a while to add just the links to all the 30 tools John has covered in my review. Each time I added a link, I kept wondering how much time John must have spent writing about each one of these. Awesome. I have such great admiration for John for providing us with such a wonderful book.

Even though the book is heavy, and has 910 pages, I carry it everyday to work. It is a great reference book for all the tools as well.

Also, with the help of this book, and only this book I was able to write my first simple and most simple project using Maven. Yes, you heard me right Maven. Had tried using Maven many times, and every sample I downloaded just failed complaining about some dependency which I wasn't even sure where it was being stored.

2 comments:

  1. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow /Hey thanks man!! you are so good. I think this the perfect work.
    power tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meera, do you think this book is still updated for todays versions? Is it still a good read? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete