It is hard to keep up with the latest version of Hudson, since they come-up with new releases at least 2-3 times a week. If you want to keep your plug-ins up-to date, you sure should get the latest version. With the latest 1.222 release of Hudson, installing or updating plug-ins is so easy. If you haven't been updating Hudson, this is the time to do so to the latest version which now by the way is 1.223.
Here are the steps to use the latest Hudson version:
1. Download the 1.223 version from here.
2. Stop Hudson and replace your hudson.war with the latest version.
3. Start Hudson, and go to dashboard and click on Manage Hudson which should bring a page like this:
4. Click on Manage Plugins, which will open up a new page as shown below:
5. Now, select the plugins you want to install and click the Install button which is all the way down on the right hand corner.
6. Restart Hudson, and you have the plug-ins installed.
Also, some other new features are useful as well as per the Hudson changelog:
a. "Hudson's own user database" can be now configured to prevent sign-up.
b. Administrator can now create user accounts for others (issue 1193)
c. Authentication failure now leaves the INFO log on Hudson server log.