Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Matrix-based security in Hudson doesn't work in IE

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I have been using Hudson CI engine from the past 3 weeks. Pretty easy and cool as well. No complaints so far.

I started working on getting the standard security setup and am having problems doing the same. I am using the 1.195 version. In this version, once I select the Matrix-based security, I am unable to add users or group.

I did find a workaround wherein I can go and change the config.xml file and manually grant permissions to users. But, if I go back and make any other configuration changes and save, my security changes are lost.

Are you having these problems? How did you manage to secure Hudson? Any ideas?

P.S: After I posted this and searched a lot on the net and didn't find any reference, I was a bit surprised. Downloaded Hudson on my laptop, and was able to use the Matrix-based security. Once it worked on my laptop, I knew who the culprit was. It was IE, my laptop by default uses Firefox as the browser. Once I downloaded and installed Firefox as well on the desktop, I was able to add users and roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment