Tuesday, December 8, 2009

5 Books I Read In 2009

All these years I used to have an article or a blog entry about the Top 5 books I read. The one I wrote last year can be read here at Javalobby. On an average, I used to read at least 13- 15 book a year. Last year, was not a good one for me and I really feel embarrassed to say that I just read 5 books in 2009. It's not even one book in 2 months. Really bad, no?

However, the books I read were quite interesting and good ones. So, below is the list of 5 books(only) I read in 2009.

1. JBoss in Action. You can read the review for this book posted on Javalobby here.

2. Stripes:...And Java Web Development Is Fun Again. Review posted on Javalobby can be read here.

3. Agile Testing : A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams by Lisa Crispin and  Janet Gregory. A must read book if you are following Agile, and if you are a tester. By the time I finished reading this book, I had completely lost focus, and never managed to write a review.

4. VMware Cookbook - A Real-World Guide to Effective VMware Use. You can read the review for this book on my blog here.

5. Spring Enterprise Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach. I started reading this a couple of days back. Just like the previous one from Gary Mak, Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
 for which I did write a detailed review at Javalobby, this is also an excellent book. I read in detail the first few chapters, just awesome. If you are planning to use Spring 3.0 along with the latest  like Spring Batch, Spring Integration or Distributed Spring you have to get this book. I am hoping to write a detailed review for this book. Stay tuned.

I also hope to double the number of books I read in the coming year 2010, and write detailed reviews as well.

What books did you read in 2009? Any interesting ones you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment