Saturday, September 10, 2011

Packt Publishing launches Sixth Annual Open Source Awards


I am a huge fan of technical books. I used to write several reviews for Javalobby earlier. However, due to time constraints and a hectic job, have not been writing reviews lately. Earlier, most books I read were from Manning, Apress and O'Reilly. In recent days, I read several interesting books from Packt Publishing.

 I am also a huge fan of open source technologies. I haven't contributed much to open source technologies. However, when I heard of the latest open source awards announced by Packt Publishing, I thought I should do my share and let the community know the same.


Packt has announced several categories for the awards.
The categories are:
  • Open Source CMS
  • Open Source Mobile Toolkits and Libraries
  • Most Promising Open Source project
  • Open Source Business Applications
  • Open Source JavaScript Libraries
  • Open Source Multimedia Software
If you nominate you will be entered to win a Kindle. I love my Kindle. :)
As per the press release from PACKT:
"The finalists in the voting stage will be announced at the beginning of September; and the Voting stage begins on 19th September 2011. Voting closes on 31st October 2011, with the winners announced throughout the week commencing 7th November 2011."
Read more details on their web site, and keep voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment