Saturday, December 29, 2007

Top 5 Books for Enterprise Java Development in 2007

With just a day left in 2007, lets recap some of our favorite books this year. Having been the Editor for the Javalobby Book Review Team for the past 14 months, I have read and reviewed several technical books. People whom I meet often ask me what books are coming up and to name a few good books.

It was very hard for me to pick the top 5 from the vast majority of excellent books sitting in my shelf, and the ebooks on my laptop which I read.

I had to limit myself to 5. So, listed below are the top 5 books for Enterprise Java Development. Some of these books might not have received 5 stars on the rating scale, but they did make me more proficient in some aspects of software development.

1. Test Driven: Practical TDD and Acceptance TDD for Java Developers
2. Continuous Integration: Improving Software Quality and Reducing Risk
3. Ant in Action, Second Edition of Java Development with Ant
4. Java Persistence With Hibernate
5. Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML: Theory and Practice

What books did you read in 2007?
Do you have a list to share?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Meera,

    The two titles I enjoyed the most would have to be Simply JavaScript and Design Accessible Websites.

    Regards,
    Schalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. iBatis in Action and Spring in Action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Spring in Action, 2nd Edition.

    Best book I read this year was Java Concurrency in Practice, but it doesn't count since it was published in 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I also read the ebook for Spring in Action. I had to choose between Java Persistence With Hibernate and Spring in Action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuous Integration is one of the best books for java development it was publish in 2007 regarding Improving Software Quality and Reducing Risk

    ReplyDelete